Saturday, August 25, 2007

dave goes to saudi arabia (almost)

I decided to drive to the border of Saudi Arabia yesterday. I drove to the southwestern most corner of the country. On maps, there is a border town. I overestimated the size of this border town and didn't realise I had passed through it until I was metres away from entering Saudi. Luckily, my slamming on the brakes and u-turn in the middle of the highway was not taken too badly by the border patrol. I drove back to Doha along the east coast.

All of the pictures were taken while I was driving, so excuse the quality.

The last two pictures were taken just south of Doha. The one is a picture of some of the boats in the harbour and the other is the skyline of Doha. I live on the right hand side of that picture, kind of near that pyramid looking building.










No comments: